Tenancy Support Services
What is Tenancy Support?
This service is for people who need support to set up or to sustain a tenancy. Path Tenancy Support (TS) aims to support people who are in danger of losing their accommodation or who need help to set up a tenancy.
Path also offers a Refugee Housing Support Service with START for which there is a separate leaflet offering information.
Who is Tenancy Support For?
Path provides Tenancy Support for people who are in danger of becoming homeless. The people we currently work with include:
- Ex-Services clients (people/families who are ex-Forces)
- Tenants of Plymouth Homes 4 Let
- Women at risk of offending
We will consider all referrals for the above groups; however referrals between the ages of 16 and 18 years, and over 60 years, may require another specialist agency.
What can Tenancy Support Offer?
TS can provide assistance in corresponding with Housing, Allocations or The Homeless Unit, as well as advice and support, including:
- Advocacy offered to challenge decisions made by housing providers and Registered Social
- Landlords, and referrals made to agencies such as Shelter if further advice is necessary
- Help to set up rent payments on new tenancies
- Accessing benefits and looking at benefit maximisation
- Assistance purchasing furniture or help shopping for goods with which to furnish the home
- Advice around budgeting, help with debts and referrals made to welfare benefits agencies
- Setting up utility services and bill payments for e.g. gas, electric and water
- Help to access mental health and drug and alcohol services
- Weekly support from tenancy support worker to build the client’s confidence in maintaining their accommodation
How do you access Tenancy Support?
This service can sometimes accept self referrals, such as for ex-Services personnel. Usually we ask that a GP, mental health professional, Social Worker, landlord, housing provider or someone from a recognisable agency refers people to the service. There are also internal referrals through other Path services.
Download our Tenancy Support Leaflet